NIAMRRE Virtual Code of Conduct
NIAMRRE is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. Regardless of race, ethnicity, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, physical appearance, gender identity, profession, religion, disability, or any other status protected by university policy or local, state, or federal law, we are committed to provide a professional working and learning environment that is fair and responsible. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff members, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Programs Code of Conduct.
NIAMRRE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NIAMRRE asks that you inform either Erica Hellmich, Member Development Specialist, email@example.com or 515-294-3352, or Melissa Miller, Associate Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-1432 so that we can take the appropriate action.
All attendees, staff, and presenters will
- Be treated fairly and with respect, particularly in regard to diversity of perspectives and opinions
- Communicate in a way that critiques ideas rather than criticizes individuals
- Respect others and the career levels of others
- Discuss professional qualifications truthfully, without hyperbole, and without the defamation of others
- Be mindful of others and fellow participants. Alert NIAMRRE staff of a dangerous situation or if someone is in distress
The following behavior will not be tolerated:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form. Harassment includes speech or behavior that is not welcome or is personally offensive. Behavior that is acceptable to one person may not be acceptable to another, so use discretion to be certain respect is communicated.
- Harassment intended in a joking manner is still regarded as unacceptable behavior.
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
In addition, participants are asked to adhere to the following rules
- The recording or transmission of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any NIAMRRE virtual event staff.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. NIAMRRE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
NIAMRRE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NIAMRRE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.